At Gatehouse School we aim to inspire and support all our pupils to reach their full potential. We consider that it is paramount that every child has access to the National Curriculum regardless of their ability or attainment level. In Mathematics at Gatehouse we strive to:
- Develop every child’s skills, knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts
- Enable every child to think critically and creatively, to exercise initiative and communicate their understanding using precise mathematical vocabulary
- To give every child the opportunity to apply learnt mathematical skills in different contexts
- To give every child the opportunities to develop problem solving skills useful for mathematics and across the curriculum
- To enable every child to apply their knowledge and skills effectively in everyday life situations and to gain as full an understanding as possible for their future learning whilst also preparing our pupils at Gatehouse School for their 11+ Entrance Examinations.